1. Spot, identify, and collect a picture of the following:
a. four different animals
b. four different types of motor vehicles
c. two different types of airplanes
d. four different nature items
e. four different birds
2. Observe three of the following people in uniform:
e. ambulance worker
f. traffic warden
3. Find, read, and explain what the text Matthew 28:20 is telling us.
4. Observe your church. Is there anything you can do to keep it clean? Write or draw what you can do to help.
5. Look at your room and draw a picture of it for your scrapbook. Clean your room and draw a second picture and color it.
6. Remember 10 or 15 items after looking at them for two minutes.
The goal is to help the children to become more aware of people and things around them. They can help change things for the better if they are aware of a problem.
1. Draw a picture for your scrapbook of items you find or cut pictures from magazines.
2. Have each child draw, photograph or cut out magazine pictures of uniformed workers and place in his/her “Reporter” scrapbook.
3. Find, read together, discuss and explain Matthew 28:20.
4. Help your group learn to spot potential problems and what they may do to help, e.g., pick up trash, straighten song books, etc.
5. Explain how we can be good spotters, but unless we do our part to clean our area, we have not earned our award.
6. Encourage a “good spotter” by placing familiar items on a desk or table. After two minutes, cover items and have children tell you or write down items they remember. Play this game several times, teaching the children to be more observant.
AdventSource Leaders Guides (new individual guide for each level) - English - Spanish
Some guides available for downloadable purchase.