Wiki: Beginning Swimming
1. Know how to dog paddle.
2. Know how to swim with your head underwater.
3. Be able to jump in and swim to steps, ladder, or wall.
4. Know two water safety rules. (Always have an adult with you, never run around the pool, never jump in on top of someone, etc.)
5. What would you do if someone was in trouble in the pool? Would you try to save them? Why would it be better to call a parent or adult to come and help?
6. What is the emergency number of an ambulance?
Wiki Teacher Helps - https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Adventist_Adventurer_Awards#Eager_Beaver_Chips
Note: There are tons of teaching tips and ideas that are part of the Eager Beaver Program Guide.
The Eager Beaver Leaders' Program is available from AdventSource:
The Eager Beaver Activity Book is available from AdventSource: