new in 2006
- Explain why we pray and what things we pray for and how we pray. Read Isaiah 40:31
- Read Matthew 6:5-15, the Lord’s Prayer.
- Pray to God and Jesus 3 times a day for one week. Read 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Teach someone you know about praying and say a prayer with him/her.
- Do 3 or more of the following:
- Make a prayer request chart and ask people if they have a prayer request and pray for them.
- Lead out in a club opening or closing prayer.
- Make a card with a prayer in it and give it to someone.
- Ask the Pastor about prayer.
- Have a prayer breakfast for kids and parents.
- Make a prayer journal and see how God answers prayer.
Ideas for Teaching Parents About Quiet Time in Adventurer Manual pg. 459
Prayer award worksheet.
1. We pray to stay close to Jesus because He is our very best friend and to be like Jesus, Read Mark 1:35 We pray to thank Him for his love and care, to ask for forgiveness, and to help others and ourselves. James 5:16. We should have a quiet time each day with Jesus, but we can pray any time, anywhere. .
2. Discuss the Lord’s Prayer with children.
3. Ask parents to encourage children to pray and to make it a daily habit. Send to parents Ideas for Teaching Parent About Quiet Time.
4. Discuss how to teach someone to pray.
5. All activities included in worksheet. Discuss with children how each of these activities can be done.
For the prayer breakfast invite kids of all ages to attend and have a child give the message.