1. Read and discuss Matthew 13:44.
2. What is a parable? Why and how did Jesus use parables?
3. Name and learn the meaning of a parable Jesus told from each of the 4 gospels.
4. Make a craft or diorama depicting a parable.
5. Participate in a physical game or outdoor activity depicting one of the parables of Jesus.
6. Make “Get Well” or “Thinking of You” cards for outreach. Read Luke 10:25-37.
1. Encourage the children to share what they think the verse means.
2.A parable is a word picture that uses words to illustrate a truth or lesson. Parables have a double meaning.
3.Use a child friendly version.
4.Search internet using “diorama” or “parable crafts.”
5.Such as Lost Lamb: a staff helps hide a child in a designaged area. Then the other children find the “lost child.” Place small items and rice in a jar. Children look for the “lost” items.
6.Read verses as children are making their cards.