Adventurer Club Awards
1. Know some of the basic parts of a camara.
d. Screen/View Finder
f. Power button
2. Talk about or show different devices people use to take pictures. Which ones would you like to take pictures with?
3. How can you carefully handle and care for the devices?
4. Take some pictures and share them with friends and family.
a. Pictures of family
b. Pictures of friends
c. Pictures of scenery (like flowers, trees, rivers)
d. Pictures of animals
e. Pictures of your favorite places (playground, museum, home)
f. Pictures of a place you visit regularly (park, school, museum, or church)
g. Pictures of a place you don’t usually visit
5. Play a photo fun game that teaches more about photos.
6. What does it mean to be “made in God’s image?” Read & discuss Genesis 1:26-27.
1. Even camera phones, tablets, laptops,etc. have these parts.Research and describe where they are.
2. Encourage discussion.
3. Do not touch the lenses, use a neck/wrist strap, keep dry and clean, do not drop, ask for permission before each use, turn the camera off.
4. Have fun. Hold camera steady. Stand still, Zoom in and out. The goal is to experience a VARIETY of photo situations. Most phone cameras have good zoom and the ability to take action, macro (zoom in), and even evening/nighttime shots. Show the child how to use the features offered on the devices your family uses.
5. Photo game might be one of the following: Photo Scavenger Hunt; What is it? – take close up picture, then have others identify it; Where is it? – take close up pictures, then have others identify where it was taken; Pose in a Bible character position, take a picture, then have others identify what character.
6. Being made in God’s image means we are made after his likeness. Discuss further.
To encourage awareness of ones surroundings and camera training to be used in God’s service.
Local camera shop