Adventurer Club Awards
new in 2003
- Learn how butterflies live and eat.
- Collect pictures, stickers or photos of butterflies that live in your state.
- Discuss and draw the life cycle of the butterfly.
- Memorize John 3:7 and discuss the story of Nicodemus in John 3.
- Make one of the following crafts:
- A butterfly on the sidewalk with chalk.
- A torn construction paper picture of a butterfly
- A butterfly in the sand or snow
- A butterfly mobile
- A butterfly magnet
- A butterfly made with beads
- A butterfly made of colored tissue clipped together with a clothes pin.
- Learn a song about butterflies.
(Picture and information on butterflies in United States by state).
www.wildlifewebsite.com/butterflies (Picture and information on butterflies in Canada).
www.enchantedlearning.com (Picture of butterflies, life cycle and pictures to color).
1. The butterfly is solitary except during migration, gathering on the damp ground to find water or nocturnal roosting. Your may see male butterflies circling around each other to defend their territory. Butterflies and moths have a “coiled up drinking straw” below their heads called a proboscis. It is used to draw up nectar, water and other liquids. The length of the proboscis helps determine from which flowers they take nectar. Each type of butterfly picks flowers and usually stay on the same level, either low to the ground or higher. Very seldom will butterflies drink from flowers that face down..
2. Check with your library.
3. (A) Egg; (B) Larva or caterpillar; (C) Pupa or chrysalis; (D) Adult.
4. (Put your hands flat together in front of you, as in prayer. Open and close the top of your hands like a butterfly’s wings) When a butterfly sits and opens and closes its wings it warms its muscles and takes energy from the sun and stores it in its body. When we pray to Jesus we feel warm and good inside and we receive energy from Him to be happy, strong and do what is right. Continue to move your hands like a butterfly as we pray.
6. Option: “If I were a butterfly, I’d thank the Lord for my mighty fine wings. . .”.
AdventSource Leaders Guides (new individual guide for each level) - English - Spanish
Some guides available for downloadable purchase.