Adventurer Club Awards
new in 2004
- Find three of the "fish stories" in the Bible.
- Loaves and fishes (Mark 6:34-44 and Matthew 14:13-21).
- Father knows best (Luke 11:11-13).
- Jonah (Jonah 1-2).
- Breakfast with Jesus (John 21:8-113).
- Fishers of men (Matthew 4:18-22).
- Learn how fish served an important part in providing food for the pilgrims.
- Learn how to care for a pet fish.
- Learn about 2 fish that live in a lake or ocean that is closest to you and how to protect them.
- Play a fish game or complete a fish craft.
Squanto helps the pilgrims grow corn with fish:
(search for fish crafts)
Visit a fish hatchery, aquarium or pet
store in your area.
Give each child a bag of fish crackers.
1. Help the children find the scripture and review the stories.
2. See resources below on the Indian Squanto.
3. TAsk someone who has a pet fish or works in a pet store to talk to the children. Or get general fish care instructions from a pet store or library and discuss these with the children. Learn about care, food (when and what to feed a fish) and aquariums. Remember, our pet fish depends on us to care for them—they cannot care for themselves.
4. Learn about 2 types of fish that live naturally. Discuss how we can help by keeping the water clean. Never put garbage in lakes or the ocean.
5. Fish game:
Make a stick fishing pole with a string and magnet on the end. “Go fish” for goodies like little Bibles, stickers, gummie fish, etc. Crafts: (also see resources below).
a. Make a paper plate aquarium—use 2 paper plates, cut a round circle in one, put clear or blue-clear plastic wrap on it to make it look like a window into an aquarium. Place fish sticker and draw seaweed/plants on the uncut plate. Glue both plates together, so it is like an aquarium with seethrough glass.
b. Felt fish. Prepared pre-cut felt fish shapes and have the children decorate them with
AdventSource Leaders Guides (new individual guide for each level) - English - Spanish
Some guides available for downloadable purchase.