Adventurer Club Awards
Updated in 1996
1. Assist with two of the following chores:
b. Preparing a meal
c. Washing the car
d. Grocery shopping
2. Set the table and help do the dishes four times in one week.
3. Make your bed and help to clean your room for three weeks.
4. Demonstrate your ability to do two of the following:
a. Vacuum the carpet or beat a rug
b. Dust furniture
c. Sweep or mop
5. Be responsible for emptying the wastebaskets or trash container for one week. Separate all recyclable materials.
6. Discuss the following and learn to:
a. Dust window sills
b. Remove spider webs
c. Wash windows
d. Clean woodwork
e. Separate all recyclable materials
7. Listen to the story of one of these children who helped:
b. Namaan’s servant girl
1. Work is always more fun when shared. Teach the children to be helpful at home by assisting a parent or sibling.
2. Teach the children to properly set a table: fork to left of plate, knife and spoon to right, cup or glass on right above knife, napkin folded and set on plate or left of fork. Teach children to do dishes safely and to do their tasks willingly and with a smile.
3. Children may need assistance with bed making and keeping their rooms clean, but they definitely need to be taught these important responsibilities and good habits.
4. Household chores can be fun and are encouraged as ways a child can do his/her part around the home. Learning to dust, sweep and vacuum safely and without causing more dust is important.
5. Teach the children to help with emptying wastebaskets and placing contents in larger trash container. Talk about how trash that isn’t cared for properly makes a messy world.
6. You may set up a “house” during Adventurer time. Encourage the children to work together to make the “house” spic and span, and show them how to perform necessary tasks neatly. Woodwork and window sills need to be dusted with a clean cloth or, if they are washable paint, a damp cloth. Place a clean rag or pillow slip over a broom to clean away spider webs. Use water or window cleaner with clean cloth or paper towels to clean windows.
7. The story may be told by a parent, Helping Hand, or grandparent.
AdventSource Leaders Guides (new individual guide for each level) - English - Spanish
Some guides available for downloadable purchase.